Sunday 19 January 2014

I'm not building another Quarto game!!

I'm not building another Quarto game!!


I swore that after I built my first batch of Quarto games I’d never make another one. All the individual pieces and sanding was a nightmare. All the inlays in the first batch took forever. It was one of those projects that I started and said it doesn’t seem so bad. ....and by the time I was done I wondered why I started. I thought that was the end of that.


Oh….but it wasn’t the end because I had relatives and friends asking for more [and I picked up the new Incra box joint jig]. So (like an idiot) I made nine boxes and six of them ended up being Quarto games.


The lid slides which makes it a little more portable. The black circles are epoxy paint combined with black powder coat paint mixed in and then sanded flush. It looked pretty nasty after sanding but several coats of water based poly later and they really popped! The Quarto stencil is a gel medium application. It didn’t turn out as nice as I would have liked. ....and by the time I was done I wondered why I started. I thought that was the end of that.


Oh…. but it wasn’t the end because I ended up making a smaller round travel sized version (I posted it yesterday). I purchased a circle cutting jig for my router and thought I needed to make a travel sized Quarto game. ....and by the time I was done I wondered why I started. I’m thinking that’s the end of that.


I blame Steve Ramsey at Woodworking for Mere Mortals for all my grief. He needs to stop making projects that are fun to make and play.


Now my wife says I need to make the nesting pieces for the game Gobblet and give them to everyone that has my Quarto games. I may need to divorce her. ;) ....this is never going to end.


RSLater,

RSmike



http://ift.tt/1e41jlt

No comments:

Post a Comment