Thursday 26 December 2013

After His Dad Got His Hearing Back, A Son Wrote A Song For Him Called "I Liked You Better Deaf"


“And you never would’ve noticed if I swore under my breath, now I don’t have to shout to say I liked you better deaf.”




Danny Hamilton's father has been hard of hearing most of his life. Recently though, his dad invested in hearing aids. So like any good son, Danny wrote a song to celebrate:






youtube.com




There used to be a time, it was rather recently



When I'd play something on the stereo



And mom would say "Danny won't you turn that noise down"



And you'd say, "it's already very low"



Seemed that I could always count on you



To come and take my side



When I'd set the volume up at 62



And someone else wanted it at 35



But since you found out that your ears are micable



I have to say it's made you just a touch less likeable



You never used to know the difference 'tween the bass and treble clef



And it isn't hard to tell you that I liked you better deaf




It used to be if I'd run out of anything to say



I could just mumble and you'd usually go away



It used to be what I was bringing to the conversation



Was subject to a wider range of your interpretation



But now I see



That I must be



Living in a nightmare, why it's every son's worst fear



To have a dad forever clad with supersonic ears



And I don't mean to tell you that I love you any less



But there's no doubt about it that I liked you better deaf




If I had once forgot to tell you something, say a chord I hadn't struck



Like, "The mail's arrived" "I owe you five" "Run away" or "Duck!"



Once I could have played it off without blood sweat or tears



"I told you that," I'd tell you, and you'd blame it on your ears



It once was undetectable but now it's ineffectual



The odds are insurmountable and I am held accountable



And you never would've noticed if I swore under my breath



Now I don't have to shout to say I liked you better deaf




See now I've reached a point where it's hard to make a rhyme



But the song needs another verse to reach a fitting time



And if I had been writing it for old deaf dad



I might have left a phrase or two... unfinished



But only the best for you and your new hearing



You will find that every rhyme is aurally endearing



And I'm afraid that now you've left me lyrically bereft



But I only need five words to say I liked you better deaf












amazing 3d wooden brain teasers, go to retailer via BuzzFeed - LOL Feed http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/after-his-dad-got-his-hearing-back-a-son-wrote-a-song-for-hi

3d wooden brain teasers for you to try from Net Sauce http://netsauce.blogspot.com/2013/12/after-his-dad-got-his-hearing-back-son.html

No comments:

Post a Comment