Monday 24 December 2012

Dice Puzzle



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/76324

Dice Puzzle


I saw this incredible project posted by Albachippie and knew I had to try it. He referenced others, so surely neither of us claim to be the originator of the design but I am happy to have joined the club.


The blocks, like my predecessor’s are white oak, quarter sawn. I learned from his “mistakes” and used cocobolo as the dots. I turned a pen blank, which I confess was just a reason to use my dusty lathe. It’s my favorite tool but I just don’t have reason to use it often enough. The finish is a spray on clear coat of shellac which I am not happy with. I regret not keeping a reasonable oil on hand. I will fix that after Christmas!


And at present I have no plans to match his skills with a box. I still marvel at a carpenter that can actually make a square box. It is the most challenging element of the hobby.


Thanks to all who preceded this project and for LJ for giving us all a place to share. Merry Christmas





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment