Friday 20 December 2013

Pips (Spots) of a Different Color

Pips (Spots) of a Different Color


This my second dice project. This time I used birch because it is a lighter wood bot in color and weight. I decided that the pips, the technical name for the spots, should have a different color for each number. I thought that it would be easier for younger children to relate to games like Yahtzee if they could visualize colors as well as numbers. For example photo # 3 would be a Large Staright , photo #4 would be a Full House and photo# 5 would be Four of a Kind


I colored the dots with permanent magic marker but some of the spots bled and I couldn’t sand them out. If I were going to make a lot of these I would might use an acrylic paint. Any suggestions on how to color the spots without bleeding into the wood?


Thanks for looking and have a Merry Christmas on and all!!



http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/445949-196x130.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment