Thursday 23 May 2013

Aligning a Delta TS (mitre slots to blade)

Hi all,

So after 3 days and lots of cuts and scratches, I am giving up and asking for help.

I have an old delta TS model 36-320C. It’s a bastard of a thing with no manuals anywhere

and have been waiting 3 weeks for delta to get back to me about the safeties (blade guard,riving knife) and describing it is also painful, it’s not a cabinet,hybrid,contractor or bench saw. It is however a direct drive. My problem is aligning the slots to the blade. I understand the premise of loosening the table from the motor and whacking it gently into place with a mallet, however there are only really 2 accessible bolts holding the direct (crap) drive motor in place, I can see one more and feel 2 more (4 in total) but can only really access 2 of them.

Where am I going wrong? does anyone have experience with this model? It’s out 10 thousandth of an inch, but making puzzle cubes, that’s a huge variance. I have attached pics to help clarify what i am working with.

Thanks all in advance.





think these are possibly the bolts I need to loosen.





lmao! wee lil belt.




BONUS PIC! Just cause it’s sexy! (and so freaking cheap, home depot in the gta has clearance sale on freud industrial blades $30)



https://s3.amazonaws.com/ljimg/mnacwux.jpg



Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment