Thursday 21 February 2013

Introduction



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/HauntedSpider/blog/34649

Good morning all forumites.


I guess this is hello.


My name is Alan. I am 28 years young, although certain days I feel much older. I live in Olmsted Falls, Ohio which is just south west of Cleveland. We bought a century home from 1854 in a historic district, and are working on fixing it up to it’s former glory. My wife and I are expecting our first in May so I am sure going to be checking out as many wooden toys as I can for my son.


I have been wood working for the past 13 years with real tools, and if you could sanding something with my grandfather that got me into the game, I guess I have 22 years of experience.


I am fairly analytical when it comes to projects, as I like to think about what I should be doing and why. Of course, I end up cutting twice after measuring once often, but I don’t make too many things from drawn plans. I like to sketch out an idea and see where it goes.


I will post a few pictures of projects as I can. My senior shop project was a model train from Cherry Tree. It is probably my best piece of wood working I have made. I think my favorite piece though is the display case I created for my grandfathers funeral flag/military medals which is displayed at my grandmothers home. That project was all in my head and it came out just as I wanted it. (pictures soon I hope)


So hello to all and keep the inspiration coming.


Alan





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment