Thursday 21 February 2013

Customers idea /82" pottery cabinet



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/80034

Customers idea /82" pottery cabinet


Sorry about the photo of the cabinet , its not turned up right, Well this could have been a difficult one to cut but with the Legacy woodworking machine it made cutting all the mortise and tenons real easy and it went together like a puzzle.


If your not familiar with the Legacy woodworking machine, it is index routing system. It can do a lot more than a lathe. It can turn , tapper , flute , tenon plus make square legs and many other stuff. I purchased it to duplicate chair parts and small spindles as small as 3/8” dia. It is also made so that patterns can be traced. With that I made notches so that it would start exactly in the same place, 6” spacing for each hole and add 1/2” for each vertical support and I used this same template for each End panel. And another template for the 9” high


I usually think about how I’m going to build and cut things with a project that I have never built before, I put about two days into drawing it out and thinking about the best way to interlock this together ,because the customer didn’t want a back panel. One other thing was with the squares only 6” W X 9” H it would have been hard to get the finish sprayed evenly inside , so I sprayed the finish before assembling it.


A guy just has to be smarter than the tool he works with.





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment