Friday 8 February 2013

Cribbage Board



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/79269

Cribbage Board


I made this cribbage board for my wife for Christmas 2012 (actually finished before Christmas too!). I mostly followed this article that originally appeared in the December 2011 issue of Woodworker’s Journal magazine. I didn’t use any of the drilling templates suggested, but used this paper template that I temporarily spray glued to the surface. I think the scale of my printed template wasn’t quite right and put the 1/8” holes just slightly too close, so I ended up with some tear out between some of the holes—it doesn’t affect the ability to play the game though.


Woods used are curly maple, cherry, and walnut. The pegs are poplar dowels that I chucked up in a drill to shape with sandpaper and a chisel. The color of poplar varies enough that I was able to get the two colors naturally. The finish was a tung oil varnish.





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment