Thursday 20 December 2012

Two Jewelry Boxes



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/76006

Two Jewelry Boxes


With Christmas around the corner and needing to find something for two of my nieces, I decided to craft a couple of jewelry boxes. Every little girl likes jewelry, right? Nothing very elaborate as I am new to this game and they are ages 4 and 7. The good thing about this gift was I had fun putting them together and their mother cannot return them or send them away like she does with every other gift I have bought them.


The first is made with red oak and is 12” x 8” x 10”. There is a built in music box movement behind the bottom drawer with the turn key on the back. The second box was made with poplar with cedar splines and drawer pull; also included is a custom cut and embedded mirror. It is 11.5” x 6” x 8”. The last box is a simple music box so the younger niece won’t wonder why I included music with her sister’s box but not hers. It’s 4” x 3” x 4”.


Thanks for viewing and thanks to many of you all for inspiration for these boxes and other projects I have either completed or are on my to-do list.





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment