Tuesday 25 December 2012

Screw Handled Mallet for Smitty - Mallet Swap!



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/76429

Screw Handled Mallet for Smitty - Mallet Swap!


I made this for the mallet swap (found here: http://lumberjocks.com/topics/42130)


I had different ideas for the mallet but when I found out it was for Smitty I tried to up my game a little. It had to look nice siting on his beautiful bench.


I have been trying to make wooden screws for a while so I have had a few that have not worked out. So I came up with this idea to use one as a handle for this mallet.


After a lot of shaping and sanding on the lathe I think its fits pretty comfortably in the hand and adds some extra grip plus I think it looks cool.


This is my first carving mallet ever. It’s all hard maple, finished with Tried & True Danish oil and dark wax.

Now I think I’m going to have to make me one!


Thanks for looking,


Merry Christmas,


Mauricio





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment