Sunday 17 May 2015

A “Relatively” Cool Intarsia Project

A "Relatively" Cool Intarsia Project

Another great puzzle project from lumberjocks.com

A "Relatively" Cool Intarsia Project

Hello, welcome to my first posted project.

Since all of my woodworking is done on a very tight budget, this is all made from pine. I downloaded this famous picture of Albert Einstein and used a free on line photo editing site (see above about budget) to turn it into a photo that consisted of only 3 colours. I then used the site to sharpen up the edges between colour transitions. Once I was satisfied with how it looked I printed it off, stuck it to a piece of wood, and headed for the scroll saw.

I cut out and sanded down each individual piece. Some pieces were left a natural pine, some had a medium stain applied, and some had a dark stain applied. Once everything was dry it was put together like a big puzzle and glued on to a piece of plywood. I then built a frame and finished it.

It was a fun project, but between the computer work, wood work, and finishing it easily took me a month of evenings to complete. Hope everyone likes it.

Cheers!

from lumberjocks.com projects

The post A “Relatively” Cool Intarsia Project appeared first on Crafty Puzzles.



from WordPress http://ift.tt/1LbTi0e

No comments:

Post a Comment