Saturday 11 January 2014

In the beginning was scroll...

In the beginning was scroll...


A little bit of my woodworking journey here. Just over one year ago my husband and I got back into woodworking after about a 25 year recess. The scrollsaw was the first ‘new’ tool repurchase. I had been surfing the net and found Steve Good’s Scrollsaw Workshop with free patterns and videos galore. Eventually I found Lumberjocks and the rest is … well you know.

The first pic is a puzzle cut from 1/4” plywood. #2 and #3 are cut from scrap luan. As you can see the “o” and the “e” in “Home” didn’t quite come out right. LOL #4 is a cube puzzle with less than precision cuts! #5 is my first shop made tool. Made to reach the tightening nut at the bottom of the scrollsaw blade. #6 is ancient history. These Christmas tree ornaments were made 25 years ago by my husband and I when we were stationed at Ft Lewis, WA as a young family. He cut them out on a now long gone scrollsaw, we painted them and decorated them with sale paper clippings! They doubled as toys for our son.

Thanks for walking down memory lane with us. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.



http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/453454-196x130.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment