Tuesday 3 December 2013

BIG BOY/GIRL DICE made on my pantograph

BIG BOY/GIRL DICE made on my pantograph


Playing dice games with young children around is an iffy thing, especially if they think the dice are candy. A few days ago fellow Lumberjock, Oakhill, posted some really cool dice that he made. He also posted pictures of the jig he made to make them with. This gave me the impetus to make some using my 3D pantograph.


This idea was not original to me but the brainchild of Matthais Wandel creator of Woodgears.ca I built my pantograph some time ago using Matthais' plans He then posted a project making dice using his pantograph.


Unlike Oakhill, who used nice hardwood to build his, I used glued up 2×4s since this was my first attempt and I didn’t want to screw up nice wood. The dice are 2 1/2” cubes.



As you can see, these dice would make for a great game of FLOOR YAHTZEE



With all the holiday treats and good food, bending over to pick up the dice might be a good thing LOL!!


Thanks for looking, and I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!!



http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/441348-196x130.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment