Thursday 7 November 2013

Oak Logic Puzzle

Oak Logic Puzzle


Here is great project for your scraps. I made a bunch last year as stocking stuffers. They were very well recieved.


First, I drilled a 1 3/8” hole in the face, then cut the shape on the bandsaw. It doesn’t need to be perfect.


The rope is just nlyon rope from the BORG


I then bough 2 – 1 1/2” welded steel rings. (As long as they are just too big to pass through the hole.)


The closer they are the more infuriating for the puzzler solver and the more joy you get while watching.



I then drilled out a 1/2 hole on either side about an inch deep.


Next to the lathe, where I turned some oak to 1/2” and then drilled from the tailstock at 9/32.


Thus creating an oak collar.


I forced the rope through the collar and knotted it.


Then shoved the knot into my 1/2” hole and glued the plug in place.


This is a tight connection, as your recipent will spend time tugging on the rope.


Next put on the rings and route the rope through the puzzle, then secure the second end just like the first.




The object is simple. Get the two rings together. It’s surprisingly tricky…



http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/435159-196x130.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment