Tuesday 15 October 2013

End Grain patterned box

End Grain patterned box


So about a year ago I bought this mixed box of exotic woods from rockler. After it sat under my workbench for about a year I finally decided to do something with it. I took all of the wood and squared up all of the edges. I went to work putting it all together like a puzzle and ended up with a block of wood about 3” x 6” x 6”. I squared that up and then sliced it like bread. After laying those pieces down and gluing them together again I ended up with a board that had a repeating pattern that was all exposed endgrain. This was really just a test for an idea for a xmas present this year. I think it came out pretty neat. I can’t even begin to name all of the woods in here unfortunately.



http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/429670-196x130.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment