Monday 5 August 2013

8 Bit Wood Man Mosaic (Mega Man Villain)

8 Bit Wood Man Mosaic (Mega Man Villain)


I saw a couple mosaics people had made online of a number of 8-bit sprites from some old NES games and thought I’d give it a try. Wood Man from Mega Man 2 seemed appropriate.

Each block is a 5/16” cube that I glued with medium CA against a framing square to keep things even. All together I used about 960 pieces of oak, cherry, walnut, poplar, blackwood and bloodwood. Once it was completed, I glued the entire thing to a 1/2” plywood back and belt sanded the front smooth. Finish was a few coats of oak-tinted danish oil and wipe-on poly.

Proof positive once again, there’s no such thing as scrap!



http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/414797-196x130.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment