Thursday 25 July 2013

Jigsaw Puzzle for Granddaughter

Jigsaw Puzzle for Granddaughter


After completing a miniature armoire for my 8 year old granddaughter (see my previous projects), I wanted to make something for her 2 1/2 year old sister, too. I built her a jigsaw puzzle starring herself eating “Superman Ice Cream” in Florida this past May. I also included my first attempt at a dovetailed box as a puzzle piece holder.


The box was made from a resawed 2×4 scrap. I got 5 1/4” slices from the 2×4, cut one in half for the ends and used the other 4 as the front, back, top, and bottom. The puzzle backing and tray were made from a scrap of glued up 1×12 left over from a shelving project. I printed off the photo on plain paper with an inkjet printer, and laminated it onto the backing board using wipe on poly. When the poly was dry, I cut out the pieces with a scroll saw.



http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/412302-196x130.jpg



Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment