Monday 24 June 2013

Newbie in market for 14" bandsaw, need recommendations

Hey all – im in the process of putting my shop together. Over the course of the last year I have been able to upgrade to a nice General TS, Dewalt 735 planer, Bosch glider MS, Jet DC, but the last piece to my puzzle is a good bandsaw. My current saw is a 9” Delta shopmaster :(


Had a yard sale recently and did pretty well, so I have ~$700-800 to splurge on a bandsaw. I think this puts me in the 14” size range and should be able to get good/decent quality. Not able to touch Powermatic, General or Laguna.


I have seen the Jet 14” is around $700 on Amazon out the door. There is also a used Jet on CL for $550 in the area that I can maybe get for $500. Both have no fence so add in another $100 for an aftermarket fence (Kreg). the other comparable would be the Grizzly 0555 series, especially the 30th anniversary edition that can be at my door for around $600. Don’t think I can talk the wife into the extra money to make Rikon an option.


Ive read lots of reviews for both the Jet and the Grizzly, some good some bad as expected. I guess I will pose the question this way. If YOU had $750 bucks and were searching for a bandsaw. What would you get?



http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/lumberjocks-topics?d=yIl2AUoC8zA



Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment