Friday 26 April 2013

Wood mug (Without using a lathe)

Good morning! My name is Martin Lien and new to this site. I am 46, a devoted husband and father, a truck driver, live in Litchfield,MN and have been woodworking (mostly scrollsawing-puzzles, Christmas ornaments, scrolled portraits, games, words, etc) still as an amatear for about 20 years. Someday I hope to have more time to do more woodworking, learn better techniques, and be in my shop more. I am looking for ideas of small items that sell well. Thinking about small boxes, pet caskets, musical stomp boxes and tounge drums. I would appreciate any ideas! I do have a question also: Someday I would like to buy a lathe and create the many things that are possible on a lathe, but I dont have one right now. Kinda silly but just wondering if there is any way to make a wood cup or mug without using a lathe? From a 3” oak dowel? Again any ideas would be greatly appreciayed! Glad to be here! Happy woodworking and God bless! Marty from MinneSNOWta “I think spring is finally coming here this weekend!”



http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/lumberjocks-topics?d=yIl2AUoC8zA



Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment