Saturday 30 March 2013

Thumbling blocks variation

Have you ever tried a square that becomes a diamond when a shadow is cast on the corner side… an illusion by discovery.


I was recycling small pieces that are kept for future use. Here is what I was able to make…


First I made those irregular ones into a square using only a miter box. Cutting the sides equally gives a better way of repetetive sawing making a square. Without changing the position of the stopper, as long as there is enough area and one portion is straight then a square can be made by cutting it repeatedly on 3 corners.


Those pieces that are not enough to be a square, I made it as a strip whose ends are mitered for a 90 degree joint (45 degree cut). These I need two colors. The NARRA and the White… Using these, I was able to come with these….



The one on top was just a square and glued together with a strip of white border.. here is a close-up view.




Look at the side and you will find out the cut pieces how it was formed.


And the other one….




Have you checked your eyes? Those acacia (brown) are not rhombus but just square…

This will become a mitered box with sides that gives me a puzzle how to join….. watch for it.


That will be for now…. a lot of scrap recovery projects ongoing here…


Thanks,



https://s3.amazonaws.com/ljimg/mkhf5r4.jpg



Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment