Tuesday 19 February 2013

The Original Saw Company RAS



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/topics/46916

I was in woodcraft over the weekend (for the first time, I’m new to this game). There were some pretty amazing things in there. I was drooling over the powermatic machines and the like and the festool beauties, and who can forget the incredible sawstops.


I noticed on the side there was an Original Saw Company Radial Arm Saw. What an incredible piece of machinery that was! My brother wouldn’t even go near the thing, but it intrigues me quite a bit.


Now I know that in life I don’t think I will ever buy one, unless the little wife can just see the argument that we don’t need to pay the mortgage or for food or whatever other useless things there are in life and just buy cool wood working tools. But, my main question is if any of you have used one, have one, seen them in action, blah blah blah. I looked online and could only find the website, I know that they were started by two fellas from Dewalt, with the original design for the RAS. But I was just wondering what kind of Van Damage that kind of machine can do.


I know that there are some strong opinions about RAS’s, but I am more interested in what you guys think about these incredible machines. Any thoughts would be great.


And if you have one I would love to see a video of how that sucker works.





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment