Tuesday 8 January 2013

Shut the Box Game



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/77398

Shut the Box Game


Except for the magnets, this whole lil project was made from the scrap bins. I made this for my youngest Grandson (so far the youngest).. We’ll be doing our Christmas with him and the rest of my kids in a few weeks when my youngest Daughter has her 1st baby. I got the idea from a magazine, and I know some folks on here have made them. The outside is just some Maple scrap, and the number blocks are also scraps/cut-offs from pen & pencil blanks. These woods of Yellowheart, Redheart, and Purpleheart were cut in half, then I burned the numbers on em. The 3/4” square acrylic dice were also in the cut-off tub. I used an 1/8” brazing rod for the numbers bar, so they could flip them up and down. The top is a scrap piece of acrylic that is glued to the top portion and actually slides to close. It will have a magnet or 2 to hold the lid on while it is not used. OH, I almost forgot, the felts, (green & blue/purple), were also scraps. Thnx for the looks and/or any comments, yep, I’m gonna say it, good, bad, and/or ugly.





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment