Friday 18 January 2013

Sending larger Small Items through the Mail



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/topics/45627

I’m not sure if it’s helpful to anyone else, but this is what I came up with.


Today I shipped out a box of ends and pieces of cutoffs to a fellow LJ.


The weight was around 30 lbs and if I had shipped it like I normally do in a heavy duty box the cost would have been @$50 shipping.


Instead, lately I’ve been using flat rate boxes. The one I used is called a ””Priority Mail Board Game Large Flat Rate Box””:https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=2&productId=PGBFRB&categoryId=subcatMSS_FlatRate


Inside Dimensions: 23 11/16” x 11 3/4” x 3”

Outside Dimensions: 24 1/16” x 11 7/8” x 3 1/8”


Cost for Priority Mail Shipping was $15.45…... a big savings over $50!


I also stuffed it a bit fuller so it was actually about 24×12x3 1/8.


If you have items to ship and look for a cost effective way to ship them, check out the Flat rate offerings from the USPS.





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment