Thursday 10 January 2013

Ping-pong paddle



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/77462

Ping-pong paddle


A couple days ago I decided to see if I could craft a decent ping-pong paddle. I acquired an old, broken paddle rouse as a reference and got to work. I planed a piece of golden oak down to the thickness of the old paddle then traced an outline of the old paddle to the board. After cutting the paddle out with a bandsaw I sanded the edges down until it was a perfect shape. I then took some walnut and cut out two pieces for the handle. After gluing them on I sanded the handle down to its final shape. I recycled the pads off of the old broken paddle, as they were still in good contrition. After winning a game with the paddle I confirmed that it works. I hope to build a couple more paddles over the next few days, all with varied pads and handles.





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment