Monday 21 January 2013

Coin Holder



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/78225

Coin Holder


Okay, so it’s not actually my project. My little boy has always loved putting things together: models, puzzles, paper cutouts. The other day, he asked me for some wood scraps. I gave him some offcuts from my William and Mary bookstand. He took them to his room at night, and in the morning this is what I found, along with carefully considered plans for other things he might be able to make from four scraps of irregularly shaped wood: a train, a boat on a wavy ocean, and this coin holder. He is particularly proud of the “secret compartment” mortised into the back.


He is going to give this to his grandma Carol for a present. He has also documented his work on video and is planning to send a copy to his hero, Roy Underhill. It looks like I’ve found a new workshop buddy. I couldn’t be happier!





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment