Monday 14 January 2013

Christmas Gifts 2012



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/77734

Christmas Gifts 2012


A little late in the game posting, but here are a few of the xmas gifts made this year. All “borrowed” from other lumberjock members (I hope ya’ll don’t mind too much). This really is my first year getting into woodworking, so its the first year I’ve been able to make gifts. I have to say, that it was truely more satisfying making and giving these then buying things or giving gift cards, and I believe they were more appreciated as well. It also helped me, by giving me a reason to try new things. There were four votive holders in all (didn’t get photos of the last one made). Two were maple and bubinga, one was maple and bloodwood, and the last purple heart and maple, finished with danish oil. The Cooler stand was for my inlaws, and was left unfinished so that they could finish it as desired (they whitewashed an outdoor TV cabinet I made for them earlier this year, and Im no good at that stuff) Its made from some 2×6 pine spared from thier bonfire last year. If I get to do anotherone, i will not be using 2×6’s. After rough milling, every board was twisted and cupped to one degree or another, and it was pain getting everything close to straight again. All that aside, everyone loved thier gifts, and I can’t wait till next year to do more.


Take care, and thanks for reading

David





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment