Friday 21 December 2012

Dice Puzzle Box



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/76084

Dice Puzzle Box


Here is a box I made for this dice puzzle . I got the idea for the design from something Gene (vipond33) said in his comment for the puzzle. He said all I needed now was a box with the same design as the dice pips and I was done! Well, thanks Gene for the idea!


The box is mahogany with a scrolled lid. The scroll work is a little rough, but I’m just learning! The backing for the lid is maple. This also creates the lip for the lid. The joints are mitred. I routed a 45deg v detail. Finish is two coats of quick dry gloss varnish.


This box makes me feel a lot better about giving this puzzle as a gift now.


Thanks for looking, and, as always, comments welcome


Garry





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment