Monday 3 December 2012

Another Nail Balancing Puzzle



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/75060

Another Nail Balancing Puzzle


I needed some Christmas presents, so I check on LJ for ideas and found some of you guys with great looking nail balancing puzzles (thanks you guys!!!). My daughter brought home a long time ago, an old Windsor chair not worth the repair it would take to get it back to a dining table. I could not throw away the parts, so I have used them for several projects and here is another. Recycling is good.


The object is to balance the 9 loose nails on top of the one nail in the center.


Note that I used an odd number of loose nails to balance, this makes it a lot easier ta balance, specially when YOU have to show off.


The pictures:

1. The Final finished Nail Balancing Puzzle

2. The four puzzles I made for Christmas (with one with the solution)

3. I used a stain to match the fresh cut and lacquer and shellac to finish the puzzle

4. From 1 leg I was able to make 2 different shaped puzzles

5. Here the chair leg before and after.


I hope this gets you inspired for Christmas projects.


Pabull.





Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment