Thursday 15 November 2012

Trouble with a hexagonal game board.



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/topics/43290

Hello first post here, I hope you guys can help me out.


I am currently trying to make a “Settlers of Catan” game board. It is a hexagonal frame filled with 19 smaller hexagons.


I do not wish to use the puzzle interlocks so I simplified the shape and plan to use magnets to hold the whole thing together. I designed the simplified shape in 3D software, and then cut a tester blank out of cheap lumber. I took extra care to transfer every dimension as best as I could, set my saw to 30 degrees and started ripping. I then cross cut the sections and laid them out to see how they fit… As you can tell something went wrong. I tried this before by just free handing traced shapes on the bandsaw and it was close, but I want perfect. Somehow the “more accurate” approach I was trying was much more inaccurate. I am not sure where my mistake is so hopefully another set of eyes can help me figure this out.


Thanks in advance.











Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment