Thursday 1 November 2012

Keepsake Box



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/73588

Keepsake Box


A Christmas gift for my Niece’s serious boyfriend who works for Game and Wildlife. I thought he would appreciate the use of Cedar and Bloodwood (one of the softest woods and one of the hardest woods) used together. I like the contrast. I also Dove-Tailed the corners with the dovetail showing to the front of the box.. I thought it gave it a woodsy/hunting/ type of feel. The interior is rough cut unfinished aromatic cedar and the interior bottom is lined with felt.


I finished the box with spray lacquer and steel wooled in between coats. Initially I was thinking he could store his weapon and ammo in the box, but I do not believe it is big enough at 9” x 6” x 4.5” .


Give me your thoughts, comments and criticism Jocks!


Thanks








Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment