Tuesday 13 November 2012

Crossword Cutting Board



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/topics/43238

My Mom (early 80s) loves crossword puzzles. She does them every day and she is one of THOSE people who use an ink pen to complete the puzzles. I am thinking about making her a crossword puzzle cutting board. I would like some ideas on minimum size of each individual letter box in the puzzle. I am thinking 1/2” minimum, which would mean gluing up hundreds of individual pieces in some order to create a proper crossword puzzle look. Also, with that large number of glued surfaces, do I need to take special precautions for wood movement? Finally, and ideas on what wood species would make a nice looking contrast for the light and dark squares? Thanks in advance for your advice.








Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment