Thursday 18 October 2012

Craftsman Sliding Closet Doors, etc.



via LumberJocks.com RSS Feed - All Posts http://lumberjocks.com/projects/72919

Craftsman Sliding Closet Doors, etc.


We live in a Cape Cod style house built in 1950. The main house is 1260 square feet. I pushed it to 1700 square feet by finishing the basement into our family room / home theater / computer area / bar / game room. But even so, it’s pretty tight and the closets are tiny.


So my brother and I kicked in the bedroom knee wall and we turned it into a 5’ deep x 14’ long closet. I built these sliding doors to make it all look nice and neat, continuing with the Arts & Crafts / Craftsman / Mission theme as is our preferred style.


The third photo is the remodel of the existing closet. It’s now her shoe closet… and even more of her clothes. But at least I got her to help build it! :)


And the 5th photo are shelves I put in the upstairs bathroom. There’s a nook to the left of the shower and in front of the toilet. So more storage options.


The big closet doors are made out of 6/4 red oak with 3/4” oak plywood panels. All mortise & tenon joinery. I think each door weighs 40-50lbs, so I bought 75lb rollers for the sliding door hardware.








Crafty Puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment