Monday 6 January 2014

Squirrel Feeding Condo

Squirrel Feeding Condo


I had some spare time this weekend while watching football games and drinking a few beers while I was out in my shop and decided to update an old squirrel feeder I made a few years ago. All the material is scrap wood I have laying around the shop.


It measures 12 inches by 22 inches and is about 12 inches tall. I used pocket screws for most of it even the floating picnic table on the side, that turned out pretty nice, I wasn’t sure how I was going to do that, but it just came to me as I was messing around with different ways to mount the table on the side. I used a scrap piece of plexi glass for the front window. The based is some glued up pieces of wood I was going to use for something else and it actually worked quite well and is very solid.


The shingels are just remnants of 2×4’s that were cut off from another project I made earlier this year. I decided to leave it natural for now, maybe in the spring or summer I might put a coat of poly on it.


The last picture is the place in our back yard where the condo is attached to our fence in the corner. We, mostly me, have a fun time watching the squirrels go in the feeder and come out and sit and eat the peanuts. My kids think I am nuts, but I have a good time tinkering in my shop. Maybe a bird feeder next.


Little projects first, then this summer some bigger sized projects for the back yard and for my wife.


As always thanks for looking.



http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/452109-196x130.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment